How Your Donations Help Us
Blue Wren House – Camden Women’s Shelter Inc (BWHCWS) is a community based, not-for-profit, non-government charitable institution to provide relief and support to Women and Children in need who are suffering, experiencing or escaping from homelessness due to Domestic or Family violence, abuse or helplessness. We are due to open at the end of 2021, thanks to so many local services who have joined together.
People often ask us how much things cost, or where does the money go? Here is a quick guide to just how much it costs to operationally run a women’s shelter!
- $450,000 covers our Camden Women’s Shelter’s operating costs for an entire year.
- A $50,000 ‘community partnership’ donation would support 6 women through their entire stay in Camden Women’s Shelter
- $8000 covers everything one woman needs including food, accommodation, transport and support to access doctors, counsellors, work place training and housing support services for her 3 month stay.
- $5000 keeps our shelter vehicle registered, insured and fuelled for a year
- $1000 provides a basic phone, tablet and internet access to ensure a woman could access housing and employment opportunities
- $700 supports a woman entirely for a week in the shelter
- $500 pays for course fees such as a Barista Certificate, or TAFE enrollment, facilitating a woman’s economic independence
- $300 enables a woman to have much needed dental treatment – dental health is a luxury that homeless women cannot afford
- $100 provides immediate crisis assistance to a woman in her first 24 hours in our shelter
- $50 provides one nights accommodation for a woman or child in a safe and comfortable bed in Camden Women’s Shelter
- $20 provides phone and data credit allowing a woman to make important phone calls, applications and communicate online.