Trades & Building Supplies We Need
Blue Wren House – Camden Women’s Shelter Inc (BWHCWS) is a community based, not-for-profit, non-government charitable institution to provide relief and support to Women and Children in need who are suffering, experiencing or escaping from homelessness due to Domestic or Family violence, abuse or helplessness. We are currently in the initial stages of securing donations and assistance to renovate our exciting new ‘meanwhile shelter’ and are in need of the following trades and supplies to help bring our Shelter to life.
Where possible, it is our preference to share the love and allow as many local services to join in and work together for such a worthy cause. As understand that many small businesses may wish to help but will be unable to donate unending services or labour, so wherever possible requirements will be divided up.
The list is regularly updated – current as of 3rd February 2021.
Tradesman or Women
Supplies we need
- Timber – front and rear ramps, rear deck including roofing.
- Laundry and outside toilet frame,
- Screening to rear deck / Queenslander room
- New internal wall in common area with window
- Skirting boards
- Plumbing Supplies
- External guttering to front porch
- Storm water drainage to rear extension
- Electrical ¬– LED Down lights throughout, Ceiling fans, Smoke detectors
- White Goods – Laundry large washing machine and dryer
- Roofing Supplies – rear extension
- Tiles – Kitchen & Laundry splashbacks, two bathrooms
- Waterproofing – 2 bathrooms
- Skylight – kitchen
- Robes – 2 large, 1 small, 1 linen press
- Security doors – front and rear
- Security gates
- Office Furniture – 2 x corner desks, 2 x staff chairs, storage cupboard, small meeting table, visitor chairs
- Insulation – Batts or similar
- Storage – Shed with shelving &/or storage locker
If you can help inkind with any of the trades or services listed above, please email us with your:
- Full Name
- Trade License # (if applicable)
- What trades or services you would to discuss with us further
Emails can be sent directly to email@example.com
While certain aspects of what we do cannot be released to ensure the safety and privacy of the women and children we assist, we will continue to keep our local community up to date via our social media.